Most people considering divorce are familiar with the stereotype of the shark-like attorney in a contentious courtroom. Today's divorce attorney should be capable of a great deal more than taking an aggressive legal stance or promising a large financial settlement. A good divorce attorney provides a host of services that both streamline the process of reaching an agreement and provide services you might not know you need.
Here are some services a good divorce attorney can offer:
- Mediation - Offer a means of non-litigious negotiation using an attorney as a neutral third party in reaching a divorce agreement
- Collaborative divorce - Offer a new and effective means of reaching a divorce agreement where both parties and both attorneys meet together to work out any unresolved issues
- Acquire restraining orders - Facilitate the acquisition of orders of protection in divorce cases involving domestic violence
- Collect child and/or spousal support - Pursue all avenues allowed by law to secure funds owed to you if a supporting spouse fails to pay support
- Estate planning - Update your will and trust, durable powers of attorney and advance health care directives
- Provide referrals - Access an extensive network of professional contacts, including psychologists, social workers and other attorneys to meet the unique needs of divorce clients
If you are looking for a divorce attorney who can do all of this and more, call the San Diego Law Offices of Steven M. Bishop toll free 619-299-9780, or contact us online. We take care of the whole client, not just the divorce.